Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Pain in armpit

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Pain in armpit
I have been having pain in my left armpit off and on over the past 4 months.  I had a mammogram in June 01 and everything came back clear.  The pain is like a pinch or twinge...I do not feel any lumps and have no other symptoms. Any ideas and what should I do at this point.
Dear Bobber, Pain in the armpit is not a usual sign of breast cancer.  There may be many other reason's for this, could be something muscular, injury etc.  Without further evaluation it is hard to say what could be causing your discomfort, the first step would be to discuss with your doctor for further evaluation.
I too have had a "jabbing" pain under my left armpit/side...my outer left breast is tender to the touch..I am scheduled for my yearly mammogram next week...The pain has been off and on esp the last week ...I am wondering if it is an inflammation ...
I just noticed this small, hard, and painful lump underneath my armpits beneath the skin. I have never had anything like this and am really worried. Should it be something to worry so much about? Will it go away?