Breast Cancer Community
Pain in both breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Pain in both breast

I am 18 years old and I have pain in both of my breast, and im not sure what could be wrong, They hurt to the touch and I cant sleep on them (i sleep on my stomach), underneath them especially hurt and i cant press on them as well, and when I take off my bra at the end of the day or in the middle of the day they hurt even worst than they did when they were in the bra, I know my period is not coming, and I am on birth control pills, Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? Could it be a side effect to the pill? Or could it be something else? Or could it be cancer?I also have not been having an appetite, I have only been eating one thing a day and a bottle of water, If i try to eat anyhting else I feel sick, and I have lost 5 pounds.
Your losing weight is a cause of concern. You need to see a physician for that if you do not start to eat properly in the next few days. Try wearing lose clothes and breast massage for the pain. Any muscle pull/strain, or tight clothing, or recent weight gain could cause a similar pain. It could be due to breast infection due to bacterial causes or due to a breast abscess. Even OCP's can cause breast discomfort and pain. Do a proper breast self exam, wear lose clothing, apply a soothing lotion at the site, take some OTC painkillers for a couple of days to see if the pain subsides. You could also try local application of diclofenac gel at the site. Try some hot compressus, a breast massage and see if it helps. If it still persists then schedule an appointment with your physician for a clinical evaluation. Goodluck.
An eighteen year old female complaining of pain in both the breasts is usually due to a condition called fibroadenosis. The fibroadenosis usually presents with pain in both breasts or single breast alone and is cyclical in nature with intensity being severe during menses.
The other condition that could be the reason is costochondritis. This is an inflammation in the ribs region underlying the breast tissue.

Other cause could be infection within the breast tissue.

Kindly do meet your doctor in relation to pain in the breasts as well as the loss of appetite and weight.
Hello, try not to worry; I have the same problem. I had a needle aspiration done to remove a fluid-filled cyst and everysince then I've been having pain & tingling sensations in my breasts. Your case could Costochondritis because it affects your ribcage as well as your breast bones. look into this and i hope you find relief. I'm on anti-flammatory meds and special no-sodium diet. Good Luck...

How are you doing now? The pain could be aggravated by the birth control pills that you are taking - due to the hormonal changes it causes.

Have you seen your doctor as yet?

Is there any improvement in your symptoms?

Let us know how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.