Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Pain in one breast only
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain in one breast only

A month ago I had a very small lump in my left armpit which went after a couple of days. Then I had another which also went in a quickly. Now the side of my left breast is very tender as though I have banged it. I have no pain or lumps anywhere else & have never had anything like this before. I am 29. What could be causing this?
Related Discussions
Dear Jacko1, Breast pain is generally due to a benign (non-cancerous) cause.  When the pain comes and goes particularly with menstrual cycle it is called cyclical breast pain.  It is hard to say whether the pain is related at all to the small lumps you had noticed or not.  The first step in determining the cause of the pain and the lumps would be to see your doctor.
2 Comments
Blank
I'm also 29 and have experienced this - it's most likely a symptom of fibrocystic breasts - a benign condition that can cause your breasts to be painful, especially when you're premenstrual. And if one breast happens to be bigger than the other, the pain would be more obvious in that breast. My ob/gyn suggested I cut out caffeine, which can make it worse, and take Vitamin E and Evening Primrose Oil supplements. It's helped me.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
42 mins ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank