Breast Cancer Community
Pain in right breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Pain in right breast

I have a pain in the side of my right breast now for about 3 1/2 months. It seem to also go under my arm and down to my fingertips. I have had a mamo an ultrasound  a chest x ray and blood work done and there are no real signs anything is wrong except the ultrasound that said my axilla was 1.0 cm. can anyone tell me what you think it is? I saw a leasion specialist and he said it may be from shaving but it only hurts for about 21/2 weeks then is fine for a while.

This discussion is related to Breast/ Underarm Pain.
1 Comment
I think the 1 cm referrence to your axilla means that there was an enlarged lymph node in that area. Lymph nodes can become enlarged for many reasons ... usually an infection. This is no doubt what the Dr. meant when he said it might be due to shaving. Often a hair follicle can become infected and cause this type of finding or discomfort. Since you've had several tests all of which were negative I wouldn't really worry too much about it. Breast pain can often be associated with the hormone levels in the body. If you have any other symptoms or palpable lumps don't hesitate to have them ck.d out.     Regards ....