Breast Cancer Community
Painful cysts
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Painful cysts

I have a history of 3 cysts in my left breast which have been untreated.  I have had mammograms and ultrasounds to keep an eye on them for any changes.  I am coming up on my 1 year mammogram, but have noticed that recently my breast area where the systs are located, is sore and my left arm and under my arm are very very painful.  My question is this:  can these cysts or something else related to the breast be cause for this type of pain?
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
I have exactly the same issue with 4 cysts in one area of my right breast. I haven't had treatment for them as they are simple cysts, but just today I was thinking of asking to have them aspirated because they are achy and I can't lay on my right side at night without pain.

I don't think you have to worry that they are anything more than a cyst, but you may want to ask that they aspirate them. BTW, having a cyst apirated isn't painful...in fact I felt a relief in pressure after I had one drained from my left breast.
Blank
Thank you for your input.  I am going for my regular mammo. in April.  I will speak to somone then about this.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...
23 hrs ago by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank