Breast Cancer Community
Painless Lymph Node Swelling Under Breast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

.I am 18 (5 4'  and 138 pounds) and I am really worried. I had my period last period about two weeks ago. I have these painless lymph nodes under my left breast and on my groin. I think I noticed those lymph nodes about a week and a half ago. What's bothering me is that they don't seem to dissappear. They have been the same size (1 centimeter in diameter) since the last time I checked it. I have a serious case of acne and I have had a little big wound under my breast right below where the lymph node is (but it was completely healed over 8 months ago and never showed up). I was using this lotion called clindamycin phosphate, but I stopped after I noticed the lymph node.
I don't think I have lost weight, in fact I think I have gained a lot of weight. The last time I had cold was about 4 or 5 months ago.
I am really worried and I do not know what to do. Please give me some advice.
By lymph nodes do you me the round organs that are part of the lymphatic system? Are you sure they are the lymph nodes? Are you otherwise swollen or retaining water? I don't think you should be able to pin point lymph nodes that well, so you should see a doctor. Lymph nodes can swell up like your tonsils do when you're sick and retain fluids, but it's usually a sign they're struggling to do their job. And if you haven't even had a cold in several months somethings just not adding up.
I'm not sure what you describe is actually a lymph node. the size you mention is not large. Lymph nodes do become enlarged when there is some type of infection somewhere in the body and they often do NOT return to their normal size once the infection has cleared. I would suggest that you get the opinion of your Physician as I do not see any connection between what you are feeling and the breast. You mention using a lotion which I hope was something that was prescribed by your Dr. and I'm not sure why you were using it OR why you stopped using it when you felt what you are calling a lymph node as well as what connection the lotion has with your breast. I would advise you to see your Dr. for an examination with particular attention to the lumps you feel and follow his/her recommendation.   Regards ...