Breast Cancer Community
Painless white dot on nipple

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Painless white dot on nipple

Hi, I'm 15 year old and I had noticed a white dot on my nipple a few days ago when I got out of the shower. It doesn't hurt, it doesn't itch, but it's there. I told my mom about it and she did take a look. She said that it shouldn't be much and that it would probably go away on it own. She doesn't know what it is and neither do I, that's what is making me worry about the white spot. It's really small, and when I take a look every now and then (to make sure that it hasn't gotten bigger or something) I usually can barely see the white dot. But every time I take a hot shower and get out then look again, the white dot is pretty clear. I heard of like "pimple" on the nipple...but that would mean some pain and liquid would come out if you squeezed it right? When I squeezed, nothing came out. Any idea what this is?
1 Comment
First you should NEVER squeeze anything just to see if it will produce a discharge. I don't know of anything of concern that would cause this little white spot that you describe. I don't think you need to be looking at it all the time either .... things like this can be just a natural occurance on the skin and nothing to worry about; especially at your young age. I'm wondering if it is on the nipple itself or around the nipple on the areola. If you continue to worry about this then have your Mother take you to the Dr. and let him/her examine it and explain it to you.  Take care .....