Papilloma and surgery
I just had a mammogram and ultrasound today because I was having clear discharge for about 3 months from the right nipple and then it turned into bloody discharge about 10 days ago. The radiologist is pretty certain that it's a papilloma, although he did not do a biopsy. He had me call a breast surgeon who will remove it and send it to pathology to check for malignancy. The radiologist said I can have this done under local anesthesia and IV sedation and that I would not need general anesthesia. My appt with the surgeon for a consult is not for another week. Has anyone had this type of surgery and how long was the recovery period? I am wondering if it is feasible to do this on a friday and be back to work on monday? FYI: I work in a dental office and I have to work on patients with my arms raised.
Please click on the link below.I hope the information given by our Community Leader and  a poster who had the surgery you'll be having, will answer your questions.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Breast-Cancer/papillomas/show/1009946

Wishing you all the best and good luck!
It sounds like you are being set up for an excisional biopsy, and I would not want to have that done without general anasthesia. I would think that if the area of concern is in any way palpable, they would want to do a fine needle biopsy, or a stereotactic biopsy first to find out what you are dealing with.
An excisional biopsy with you awake could be very uncomfortable, and could cause you to have to go back for an additional surgery should there be any cancer cells found. If you have the biopsy's first, the surgery can be well planned, done once, and treatment planned for right afterward.
I don't mean to scare you, but I believe knowledge is power and strength. Your most important appointment is with the breast surgeon.....I am sure he will direct you to what he believes it the most effective strategy to deal with this issue.
Blessed Be