Parinful, swollen lymph node on breast side of arm pit
Hi, I am recovering from foot surgery.  I have been so stressed out from the pain and everything else.  I got a sinus infection and chills etc.  My doctor put me on augementin.  Two days later it stopped working went back today because sinus infection came back.  But, I now has a large, painful lymph node (where arm connects to breast).  My doctor asked if I had a mammo lately.  I'm 42 and had one 7 months ago no problem.  I'm so freaked out.  I'm overwhelmed by everything now.  And I have to go for an ultrasound of the breasts.  Does this sound like breast cancer?
When there is an infection or inflammation somewhere in the body, a lymph node may enlarge and become painful,but it doesn't necessarily mean it's something bad.Most often a swollen lymph node indicates an infection such as you have in your sinuses.The second course of antibiotics that your doctor prescribed most probably will kill the infection and the lymph node will eventually shrink in due time,but sometimes it can take a very long time to return to its normal size.
It's a good thing though,that your doctor is taking good care of you and  has ordered a mammogram to make sure that your breasts are healthy and not related to the swollen lymph node.
Keep in mind that lymph nodes that are swollen due to infections tend to be firm and painful,but nodes due to cancer,usually are not.
Hoping that you'll feel better soon. :)
Best wishes...