Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Pea-sized lump in my armpit

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Pea-sized lump in my armpit

I am wondering about a pea sized lump in my right armpit. No one in my family has ever had cancer of any kind. It itches sometimes, but most of the time I don't notice it. Today I actually felt that there was indeed a lump under my skin. Is this a sign of breast cancer?
Avatar n tn
Dear sharpurcell:  There are lots of things that could cause a small lump in the armpit.  However, if this lump has been there longer than a week or if it has gotten larger, you should see a physician for evaluation.