Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Persistant itchy nipple and nipple pain

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Persistant itchy nipple and nipple pain

I'm 32 years old, have no children and no known history of bc. My father was adopted and I know nothing of his genetic history. For the last two weeks or so, I have had persistant itchiness in my right nipple (not both nipples). There doesn't seem to be any swelling, though my right nipple may be very slightly larger than the left. Recently I started having a dull pain as well. The pain may be the result of a nipple injury, in which it was squashed against my bed with a lot of force. The itchiness certainly has nothing to do with the injury. It may or may not be related, but I've also been experiencing dizzy spells, particularly in the mornings and evenings, but sometime in the day. This happens at least 5 or 6 times per day. I have no children. Does anyone know what this might mean?
Dear eyewineye,  Breast pain is a common breast symptom.  The reason for breast pain is not clearly understood, and is not usually associated with breast cancer.  Breast pain is sometimes associated with hormonal variations and is then called cyclical breast pain.  Noncyclical breast pain does not seem to be linked to hormonal variations and is often localized to one area of the breast tissue.  Noncyclical breast pain may or may not be the result of an injury to the breast.  You should discuss your symptoms with your doctor who will be better able to put the symptoms into context of your personal health history and physical examination.
Yesterday and today i've notice that both of my niples are hurting. Im only 19 yrs old and this has never happen to me bofore, only when I was pregnant but im not pregnant right now. I was just wondering if someone can tell me why could this happen?? Thank you
Yesterday and today i've notice that one of my niples are hurting. Im only 18 yrs old and this has never happen to me before, im not pregnant right now. I was just wondering if someone can tell me why could this happen?? Thank you and i will really love to know somthin!!!
Last week and today i've notice that one of my niples are hurting. Im only 18 yrs old and this has never happen to me before, im not pregnant right now. I was just wondering if someone can tell me why could this happen?? Thank you and i will really love to know somthin!!!
A related discussion, itchy amd painful breast was started.