Breast Cancer Community
PiCC Lines

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

PiCC Lines

Hi!

I have 3 rounds of chemo for Breast Cancer and the veins i my chemo are are really sore!  I am getting a Picc Line put in on February 10th for the remaining 3 rounds.  Has anyone had one and experienced any problems or complications from having one put it!  Is the procedure painful?

Rondee
Hi Diana,
I am so sorry to hear that you have so much pain in your veins due to chemo injections.
I hope that someone who had the PICC procedure done, will comment about their experience.
In the meantime,I have provided for you a site that deals extensively about it and I hope it helps a little.
http://www.hss.edu/conditions_picc-insertion-procedure.asp
Wishing you all the best and good luck!
Hi Zouuzi!

Nice to hear from you!  Hope you are doing well!  Thank you for responding to my question!  It has been a challenge for sure, Triple Negative Breast cancer, grade 3, seroma, fluid in my lung, now phelibitis in my arm.  Blah!  But anyways, won't complain too much as at least I am here responding to you!  Thank you for the site!

Kindly
Diana