Breast Cancer Community
Pimple-like bump on my nipple?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pimple-like bump on my nipple?

Hi, I'm a 16 year old female and I've noticed a white, pimple-like spot on my right nipple just last week. It wasn't protruding very much and it didn't cause any pain, though I felt only slight discomfort. The while dot also resembled a pimple so I tried not to mind it so much until recently. It suddenly began to be painful to the touch. Also, if my shirt so happened to brush against the spot if I wasn't wearing a bra, it would hurt as well. Just today, it changed color from a white dot to something reddish brown, much like the color of that of a dried up scab. I don't know if this is actually a pimple or something that normally occurs. I've already informed my mom and she said to wait on it. Otherwise, I can have it checked. I'm partly being rather paranoid because I have knowledge that there were past cases or breast cancer and the like in my family. Insights would be appreciated. Thank you!
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
587083_tn?1327123862
Hi there,
The nipple and areola area contains sebaceous and sweat glands like on the face or on any other parts of the body where all sorts of skin problems like pimples,acne can occur.You can avoid this problems by maintaining the area clean to prevent clogging of the pores of these glands.
At your young age I wouldn't worry about breast cancer,but I would advise you to see your family Doctor if this "pimple like sore" doesn't get any better,because if there is an infection, it will need to be treated.
Take care and best wishes...
Blank
hi
do not pop the white pimple on your breast because you can end up with infection in your breast.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank