Breast Cancer Community
Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Please help

My husband has observed small painful lumps on both side under nipples with redness around the half of the nipple area for last two days. He is 33 years only. I am quite worried. What could it be? He is reluctant to go to Doctor. Please help?
He need to consult his physician immediately. The lumps are on both sides and are painful, so he needs a proper clinical evaluation. You have to convince him to see a doctor. It could be some skin / breast infection but that usually is on one side, anyways he will need antibiotics in that case. It is very difficult to say what it could be or what would be the appropriate management without an examination. Schedule an appointment with his physician at the earliest.
Thanks...I have told my husband about this forum...and now he is ready to go to Doc :-)...
Congrats. The first step is usually the most difficult. You should let us know what happens next. Have the courage and both of you will be able to handle the pressure. Goodluck.
We went to doctor today. As u told it is infection. Doc has given antibiotic for one week. Thanks for your concern. I really appreciate that. Thanks once again.
You are most welcome. Do continue the medication as prescribed. Follow up with your physician to report the progress. Goodluck.