Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Poor hair growth after chemo and current Tamoxifen.
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Poor hair growth after chemo and current Tamoxifen.

Is there help for loss of hair and thinning hair after chemo, radiation, and taking Tamoxifen?  I have had a long road, diagnosed with stage 3 lobular carcinoma in Jan. 05', since I have had chemo, radiation, double mastectomy, severe staph infection, loss of left infected tissue expander, reinserted left expander after 6 months, right expander leaked, currently wearing prosthesis while expanding the left one, had a hysterectomy, Oct., '06, scheduled for my implants this Dec. 19 (what a xmas present).  I am struggling with the hair loss and it is becoming very depressing, more so because you so look forward to it after such a long time without it and assume it would come back like normal.  Is there any help available, I mention it to my oncologist each time I have my 3-month check up, but I think unless you are crying and throwing a fit, they seem to ignore it and plan on keeping me on the 5-year Tamoxifen plan.  What to do?

thx