Breast Cancer Community
Positive lymph nodes usually swollen?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Positive lymph nodes usually swollen?

Are positive lymph nodes usually swollen?  I am awaiting sentinel lymph node dissection and am concerned about possible lymph node involvement.  There is no sign of swollen lymph nodes, and I am hoping this is a good sign.
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
It is not necessary for positive lymph nodes to be swollen. Also the other way round that it is not necessary that swollen lymph nodes mean a malignancy. Only the final lymph node report will be able to tell you whether there is an actual lymph node involvement and spread of cancer to the nodes or not. So you have no option but to wait for the reports to come in. Goodluck.