Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Possible treatment for internal scar tissue
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Possible treatment for internal scar tissue

I finished lumpectomy/chemo/radiation June 2001. My always-very- dense breast is still somewhat red, definitely inflammed, sometimes very painful and itches. I take 75 mg of vioxx a day. My surgeon, radiation doctor, and oncologist have come up with a variety of treatments, none of which have helped. For instance, it did not respond to large doses of antibiotics. Mammograms are unbelievably painful and inconclusive, a CAT scan was inconclusive, MRI confirmed an abundance of internal scar tissue. My surgeon referred me to a Rehabilitation doctor who declined to treat me stating that I need to see a Plastic Surgeon. Before I call my cancer surgeon back, can you give me any idea of what a Plastic Surgeon can do inside my breast? Do you have any other ideas how to treat this condition? If I must live with my breast the way it is, then that's the breaks, but I hate to give up only to find later that there was a solution. My doctors all stress how unusual and rare this is, which is, I suppose, statistically interesting, but does nothing to relieve the daily discomfort.