Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Post chemo headaches
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Post chemo headaches

I have just finished my 6th and final round of chemo.  Whoo hoo!  Toward the end of the last cycle (day 20ish), I started getting a headache on my right temple area along with internal ear pain.

My oncologist could not find anything in or around my ear..he said the headache should go away with the steroids from the chemo.....it has not...it travels from one temple to the other, sometimes both....

I have a follow up appt in 2 weeks to see him ..should i wait it out or should i consult my neurologist regarding this pain...( i am ''pre-ms")...

Has anyone had headaches like these from chemo?
Related Discussions
242527_tn?1292452740
Dear darcytwin:  The headache may or may not be due to the chemotherapy.  If you already have a neurologist, you may want to contact him for evaluation.
3 Comments
Blank
326352_tn?1310997895
I had a headache, not quite like yours for about 6 months after, maybe longer.  I called it a spot headache, because it was usually one spot generally above my left eye, but every so often, it would be over my right.  Normally it was the left.  I almost asked for a brain scan just to make sure it wasn't something funny, but they eventually ceased.  I haven't had one in quite some time.

Congrats on completing chemo!!!  If you are really worried about the headache, have them check just to make sure.  Better safe than worry.

Lisa
Blank
325698_tn?1216332354
thanks lisa!

Im not prone to headaches at all...so i am assuming this is chemo related....

I couldnt tell you the last time I had a real headache....I guess youre right .they are more spot located...but around the temple area.

Vision isnt being impaired..just the pain which seems to last from 10 minutes to an hour....

I will definately ask about a scan though, just to be sure!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank