Post lumpectomy
Hi I had a lumpectomy 2 weeks ago and in the last few days my nipple is extremly painful not only to the touch but to simple reactions to things like cold.  I am also having pain in the ribs directly under that breast that began 1 week out.  The nurse at the surgeons office told me to take advil, but the rib pain has not gone away.  I thought it might have been from the swelling moving down, but it feels like someone has their elbow in my ribs.  I just would like to know if this is expected or if and when it may go away.   Any experience would be helpful.
Thanks Shelly
It's not unusual to feel pain after a lumpectomy.Often nerves get irritated or damaged during surgery and when they start to heal, you may feel pain such as you have described.Acetaminophen, ibuprofen usually can address the pain related to this type of nerve injury. .
Wearing a good supportive bra,applying warm compresses and massaging the breast gently,( if the incision site is completely healed) can help in the healing process which can take sometimes a few weeks or more,but the pain should eventually subside and not worsen.
Best wishes and I hope you'll feel better soon...

P.S If you notice redness,swelling at the incision site or run a fever,please see your doctor,because it could indicate an infection
Thank you so much you have been very helpful.  I will give it more time.  I didn't get any post op anything so I was kindof in the dark with this.