Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Radiation after effects?

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Radiation after effects?

After last year's mastectomy, I had 8 chemos and 33 radiations .
The radiations were completed Jan. 20.

The area that was radiated is now hard and sore.  Not too badly sore,  but enough that I worry that it may be cancer returned in the bones, etc.  When I rub cream on the places radiated
(to try to make it softer)  it is sore.  It feels as if it is under the surface, on the ribs.  What do you think?  Seven
Dear Seven, Some women will report some pain or discomfort after treatment for quite some time, sometimes a year or more.  However if the hardness and soreness is new, or worsening, or something that you have not had examined by your doctor, having it checked out makes sense.
1 Comment
A related discussion, the effects of breast radiation on breast bone was started.