Radiation after mastectomy
I recently had a right mastectomy for ILC 3.9 cm, grade 1, 1/18 nodes, stage II. I discussed a treatment plan with my Oncologist. She is recommending TAC * 6 every 3 weeks. Then radiation to the chest wall followed by Tamoxifen. Prior to the surgery, I was told that radiation criteria was tumor >5cm or >4 positive nodes, which I have neither. When I asked why the radiation was necessary, she said that it's due to my age (50 years) and if I was older that she would not recommend it. I'm really concerned about he radiation an wonder if this is overkill.
I don't think this is overkill at all .... Radiation is often recommended when only one node is involved. I don't know where you got the 5cm. tumor and over 4 nodes information but I disagree with that 100%. the Radiation is the easiest part of treatment but I'm one who would want to take no chances and would be as aggresssive as I could be with treatment.    Regards .....