Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Reading a MRI report on breast

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Reading a MRI report on breast

The findings on my breast MRI read as follows:
There is a nodular enhancing mass with irregular margins measuring 8mm (AP) x 5mm (T) x 6nn (S1).  It is in line with the nipple centrally.  It is 6,5 cm posterior to the nipple and 5cm anterior to the posteriorchest wass.It ias a rapid rising initial curve and the delayed phase is washout in typel

What does all this mean?  I had a mri guided biopsy yesterday....they used the little vaccum to suck it out.

My report ends as BR4 suspicious for maligancy
Dear Kansasgal, This is all just a description of the mass, and location of the mass that was seen on the MRI.  Bottom line it was rated as a BIRADS 4 (BIRADS is a rating scale for findings on mammograms, ultrasounds, MRI's) A BIRADS 4 reading means it is suspicious for a malignancy - and having a biopsy (as you have had done) is appropriate.  There is little more that can be said - the biopsy results will be the next piece of information needed that will clarify what this mass actually is.