Breast Cancer Community
Recalled twice for a mammo within 2 years w/Ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Hello. A year ago, I had a mammogram due to an incidental finding on a CT scan, plus a clinical breast exam. After that, I was called back and had to have another mammo plus an ultrasound. They came back normal, however I was advised to come back in a year.

Last Friday, I had my follow-up mammo. Yesterday, they called me early and scheduled me for their first available (today at 3:45 PM) to get another mammo of my right breast, plus an ultrasound.

They said the radiologist will be able to guide me from there. What does that mean?

I asked if I will get my results that right away and they said yes.

I can sorta feel a hardness in that breast if I squeeze it, especially when I shower. There are a couple of small sores over that general area that are not pimples, nor my psoriasis. I don't have any of this on the left side.

From what I read, most mammogram recalls end up turning up OK. However, I am wondering what the lab/radiology office meant about having the radiologist guide me after the test? Usually, from my experience, they read the results and give them to the doctor, who tells me the results.

Please advise.

Thank you,

K
This could simply mean that after your diagnostic mammogram and Ultrasound today,the radiologist will be able to explain to you the findings on the spot.
He/she could advise you,depending on what is detected on these tests,if further investigation is needed,such as an MRI or perhaps a biopsy.This is what was probably meant by "guiding"
The complete report of your results will eventually reach your doctor at a later date.
Hoping that all goes well for you and good luck!
Thank you kindly for your help. That is what I figured.

Take care and I will keep you posted.

K.
You welcome!
Yes, please let us know how you are doing, by adding any further comments or questions on this same thread,so we have all your information together.
All the best...
Hello. I apologize for the delay in responding. The follow up mammo was normal.
Hi again...
No problem for the delay..
Congratulations!. I am very glad that your mammogram was normal!
Thanks for the update. :)