Breast Cancer Community
Recent mammogram results.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Recent mammogram results.

I recently had my follow-up mammogram, due to a cluster that was found 2 years ago. Had a biopsy done, and was told I would need to have a mammogram for the next few years as a precaution.  Last year, no issues.  Just go the Diagnostic findings from yesterday's mammogram.  On the MLO film, there is a nodular area present behind and superior to the nipple and in the right breaston the MLO film, there is an 8 mm spherical mass present towards the right axilla.  Impression: moderate mammary density with bilateral nodules as described, recommendation is for a bilateral breast ultrasound.  I have an appt. with my doctor on the 19 of this month.  Looking for information about this mammogram. Thank you for your help.  Sheila S.
1 Comment
Not much more information available that isn't stated in the report .. the finding of two areas of density and from what you wrote a nodule noted in both breasts. This may become more clear after the Ultrasound study. I wouldn't be surprised if either one or two biopsies might be recommended but this would depend upon the US results. I'm a bit surprised that the Ultrasound wasn't done at the time of the Mammogram .... since this was a Diag. Mammogram the Radiologist would have done a quick read of the films before you were released. Sorry but it's just a "wait and see" thing right now. Hopefully the US will give a more definite answer regarding the next step. Regards ....