Reconstruction after 8 years
It has been 8 years since I had a bilateral mascectomy.  I did not have the time for reconstruction then- I had small children and needed to move on with my life.
Now I have the time to have the surgery and heal- but I have several questions.  My prothesis and I are both large.  I am interested in the saline implants -
What size can they extend to?
Will they look natural or like 2 tennis balls?
What are the risks ?
Will they stay in place- I knew someone with implants that slid up to her shoulders.
What do you suggest?
Dear CO:  Saline implants can be quite large, although I don't know if there is an actual limit.  Even very large implants can look very natural, depending on the plastic surgeon.  This is a dicussion that would be best held with a plastic surgeon who can adquately evaluate your specific situation.  Shop for a good plastic surgeon.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.