Recovery time
Hi, my Aunt is having a surgery to remove the lump in her breast.  She is 45 and heavy set, how long will it take her to recover?  They did a biopsy and came back non cancer, but the doctor feels that it may be cancer so he thinks its best to remove the entire lump for more biopsy.  
Sounds like your aunt has a very thorough doctor.  Recovery time varies from patient to patient but more than likely she will not have any problems.  In the past 30 years, I've had seven benign lumps removed and was usually back at work (secretarial)the next day.  In fact, some of them were done 100 miles from home and I got into a car (as a passenger) and drove back home once they released me.  The one lumpectomy I had knowing it was breast cancer was a little more involved and, although I did not stay in the hospital overnight, I did take a little more time off from work.  Good Luck.
Sheryl
"Three Years and Going Strong"!!!
Her recovery time should be within a day.  I do know someone that is heavier than I am and they did have a little harder time with breast surgery than I did.  

Make sure that she gets all the lump out.  I had a lump that was told was not cancer.  I when ahead and took out the whole lump and then was told that I had cancer.  They then took out more breast tissue and found another lump that was not found on mamo or ultrasound.  It was also cancer.

Make sure that she gets it out!  Recovery should not be a problem!  Take care and I'll say a prayer.