Breast Cancer Community
Red blotch on breast (super scared :( )

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Red blotch on breast (super scared :( )

Hi everyone!! Last week I noticed 2 red blotches on the side of my right breast they were about the size of a fingerprint they are flat not raised do not itch or hurt last tuesday i went in a panic to the dr she said it doesnt look like ibc but sent me for a mammogram anyway I have to go Monday.....well since then these spots have turned light pink but are still there....I ussually always wear a bra but have been braless for over a week thinking it was because my bra was to tight....there is no breast swelling or heat I am 41 years old and am scared to death to the point I have had panic attacks I would have figured if it was a simple abbraison or i banged it that it would have been gone by now has anyone else experianced anything like this? Can IBC present its self with no other symptoms? also the dr checked my lympnodes twice and said none were swollen
Your description of these two little red blotches,sound more like a skin problem or trauma to the breast,rather than a breast problem,because if it were IBC,you would have noticed the red blotches getting worse and not turn to light pink.
Usually symptoms of this type of BC is a rapid swelling of the breast that is hot to the touch,you would notice itching,nipple flattening or retraction,a bruise that does not fade,pain that may be constant and stabbing,The skin could also resemble the skin of an orange "Peau d'orange".These are the classic symptoms of IBC which apparently you don't have.
It's certainly good that you are having this problem investigated.However mammogram and Ultrasound may not show anything which is common with IBC.
If the mammogram turns out fine but you still have these pink spots,then I would advise you to see a breast Specialist who will  definitely know what to look for and proceed with a punch biopsy if necessary.A punch biopsy is not a big deal,the breast will be numbed and you won't feel pain.
A dermatologist can also be a good idea to visit as he/she can examine you and know if this is a skin issue or not... and who can also perform a punch biopsy.
Personally I don't think you have IBC,but it's better to have more investigation done to be on the safe side and mostly to give you peace of mind.
Wishing you all the best!
Thank you....I was in such a panic that I convinced them to let me come in today....They did a mammo then came back in and did a different kind of mammo on the breast in question then they did an ultrasound over the two spots....they told me that all testing was clear and I said that I heard that IBC doesn't always show up and she said that something not right would show up and she looked at my spots and said that because they are not rough and they are so smooth and the fact that they got better not worse indicates to her that its not cancer ...I said so do you think I should still get a biopsy anyway and she said no that if anything to see a dermatologist and come back in a year for another mammo....if i could post pics of the spots I would because I have been taking pics of them since this started to compare how much lighter they get day by day
Hi again,
I am glad you had all the tests done.Chances are in your favor that all is fine with you,since the doctor also checked the spots on your breast and told you that it's harmless.
I still believe that what you have is a skin problem,maybe a little allergy of some sort.If it doesn't go away,in a week or two, then try to see a dermatologist who most probably will confirm that it's nothing to worry about.
If things are getting better,it is always a good sign!
Take care...