Breast Cancer Community
Reoccuring lumps

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Reoccuring lumps

My sister is 21 and she has already had 2 surgeries to remove lumps in her breast and groin. Every time they do the biopsy it comes back inconclusive and she continues to get more lumps and more each time. I am a nurse and it is killing me to see what my baby sister is going through. I don't feel lilke anything is being accomplished. What suggestions do you all have? They thought she may have Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma but her last biopsy was inconclusive yet again. Please help, she is getting more and more lumps and swollen lymph nodes and yet the doctor's don't know what to do or how to treat anything!
1 Comment
Although several types of biopsies are accurate and safe, there is still a risk of sampling error.It is not unusual that when the results of any biopsy is inconclusive, meaning that the pathology finding doesn't really explain what was seen on breast imaging,that a second intervention such as an excisional biopsy is performed to confirm an accurate diagnosis.
You did not mention what was the pathology results when your sister had surgery to remove the lumps in the breast and groin,but I guess that the findings were benign.
It's really hard to say what is going on....The best advice I could give is to tell your sister to consult a Breast Specialist who might want to further investigate her condition.
I wish I could tell you more,but I have no idea what's going on.All I can say is that your sister needs to find an answer to her problem.She should pursue this matter and even see a Specialist dealing with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma if this disease is suspected.
Wishing you and your sister the very best...