Repeat scans
I just completed a Cytoxan/Adriamycin regimen and my oncologist is going to repeat only the CT scan before I start on the Paclitaxel.  I had a Pet Scan, a MUGA scan and an MRI of the brain before I started the first regimen.  Is it common to just re-do one of the scans?  Just curious.  My oncologist's explanation was reasonable at the time, but now (thanks to chemo brain, I think) none of it is making much sense.

Thank you.
Dear pedinurse:  If the chemotherapy is adjuvant chemotherapy and there is no evidence of disease, there may or may not be a need to do any scanning at all.  Different oncologists approach scanning differently and you may want to discuss this again with your doctor.