Breast Cancer Community
Results
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Results

I had a breast biopsy excision 10 days ago and got my results today - such a relief that it is benign I cannot tell you.  I am 31 and live on my own and was in a right tiz about the possibility that I might have to have Chemo and how I would not be able to cope all on my own.
Anyway the nurse called me to tell me that it was infact scar tissue which is apparently rare in a person of my age and they arent sure what caused it as it would have to be a  trauma to the breast.  I have had that lump for over two years but put off seeing anyone about it until I had got over leaving my ex who was a control freak and I suffered 3 years of domestic violence ...I left him 18 months ago and have now turned my life around ....... what I wanted to ask is do you think that it might have been caused by him hitting me?  The nurses were asking if I had had a car crash or trauma to the breast and at the time I was so pleased it was benign I wasnt really listening - but I did sustain a number of broken ribs over the three years ..... do you think it was caused by that or could the scar tissue have been caused by anything else!
Also I wanted to ask ..... surely I will now have new scar tissue there from the internal stitches - have I just removed scar tissue and replaced it with more ???