Breast Cancer Community
Results on Mamogram(mammogram)??????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Results on Mamogram(mammogram)??????

Benign appearing calcifications in both breast.   9mm mass in right breast at 12 o'clock is indeterminate.   1.9 cm asymmetry in the left breast middle depth central to the nipple seen on mediolateral oblique view only is indeterminate.  Compression and lateral views and ultrasound are recommended.    

What does all this mean????
This means that you need to have some additional views in order to further investigate this mass in the right breast. There is nothing more to say about it until you have these additional films. I hope that these have been scheduled; if not please do so as soon as possible.   Regards ....
They did the compression, and lateral view and ultrasound, radiologist came in and said that he blieves i have cancer in both breast, Bi-Rad 4 suspicious malignancy in all masses. Going Tuesday to surgeon.
If this is true I'm sorry to hear that. It would be rather unusual to have 2 primary cancers, 1 in each breast but of course the biopsy is necessary to give you a definite answer. Please return and keep us posted when you get the results and you do realize that these biopsies are the ONLY way to diagnose cancer with 100% accuracy. Be sure that the Surgeon has the actual films to review and not just the reports.  Regards ....
The smallest one is a 6 mm lesion with angular margins in the left breast the lesion is hypoechoic with no vascularity.     I have read on the internet that it is a 60% chance that its cancerous because of the angular margins, have you heard of this before????
This is an indication that a lesion may be more than less likely to be malignant but nothing is carved in stone. That's why biopsies are necessary to diagnose with 100% accuracy. Information on the internet is often very general and rarely can be applied to one specific situation.  Regards ....
Can a 1.3 cm lobulated mass with lobulated margins that is hypoechoic be cancer?     In 2010 there was a subcentimeter benign mass on that same side and they say in the same place, In 2011 it disappeared and wasn't seen, now 2012 this is what they see now. I have no uterus ovaries or tubes and have been on hormone replacement (Estradiol 1mg) for 26 years, I am 49 now.  They want to biopsy all 3.

There is also a 7 mm mass that is believed to be a fibroadenoma on that same side. But they are worried since they say 2 could be cancerous.

Along with The smallest one a 6 mm lesion with angular margins in the left breast the lesion is hypoechoic with no vascularity.
I know only the biopsy will tell for sure. My mind is going crazy, tomorrow seems so far off just to talk to the surgeon.
The 1.3 cm mass is also taller than it is wide..
Well, I'm not sure that a disappearing mass is even possible. It may not have been seen by the particular views that were done but I doubt that it disappeared completely. With all the research and proven fact that HRT is definitely a NO-NO I'm amazed that you have been on HRT all these years.However this turns out I would suggest that you have a serious discussion about the HRT issue with the Dr. that prescribed.  It may be that you think things should proceed at lightning speed now but this just doen't happen and the end result does not change even though there are delays.We all want things to happed "yesterday" when this stressful situation comes our way but here will be more waiting so you need to try to calm your thoughts some and take this one step at a time. Anxious to hear what the Surgeon has to offer.   Regards ....
The surgeon just agreed that they needed to be biopsied. First biopsy on right breast is done, the left breast will be done next Wednesday. They did ultrasound guided needle core biopsies. Results should be in between Monday and Wednesday. And it wasn't that bad, I'm just sore, no bruising or swelling and I haven't had to take anything.
Sounds like you had a good experience and it won't be long now until you will have the results and know what the next step will be in this journey. I'll be waiting with you for the results of the first biopsy. Great decision about having them done a week apart. In the meantime "take care" ...
Biopsy results are in on the right breast, it was benign, a fibroadenoma. YEAAAAA      

They are doing 2 biopsies tomorrow morning on the left breast. I'm worried about those two. Results should be in by Friday.
GREAT news ... All the best for the biopsies in the morning .... I'll be waiting to hear more GOOD news when you get your results. Thanks for the update.
They are all benign, left side was also a fibroadenoma and fibrosis, mammo in 6 months.
Now that's the kind of news we like to hear .. Relax now and enjoy the Holiday Season in Peace. Thanks for the update; we like to see things thru to a conclusion.  Merry Christmas / Happy and Healthy 2013
I am so happy for u, about the results in right brast, hopefully left will be the same, take care, God bless.
happy news, I am glad, take care. god bless