Breast Cancer Community
Rib pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Rib pain

I had my tissue expanders removed and implants put in on 12/14/07. At the same time I had the procedure of take skin and muscle from my back and moving it to my breast area.  Now I am experiencing pain in 2 of my ribs on the front left side and a spot on the back of my rib cage on the right side.  My oncologist thinks its pulled muscles but I really don't feel much pain unless I touch that area.  What is this? Has anyone else experienced this with this procedure?

Tracy
1 Comment

You should take OTC pain relief medications for a few days and try warm compresses and local application of analgesic gel at the site.

If the pain does not resolve in a few days, it would be best to see your doctor.

You should then get a chest xray and ECG done.

Do you remember any trauma or injury to the site? Why do you say it as rib pain?

Do let us know about your progress.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.