Right Breast Calcified nodule
Hi I am a 50 year old women who has had normal mammograms until now. I have had yearly mamaograms, but I was six months late on this one.  I just got a call and my doc found a calcified nodule on my right breast and I am to return for another mammogram and possible ultrsound.  What does this mean and how concerned should I be that this is cancerous?  There is no known breast cancer in my family.
When a mammogram shows an abnormality that needs further investigation, the first thing to do is a spot compression mammogram which will further define the area of concern.Please don't worry too much because you have been called back,this is very common when something is not very clear to the radiologist.Often times this second mammogram turns out to be nothing to be concerned about.
Calcification can form around many benign conditions such as in a dilated milk duct,cysts,fibroadenomas, infection (mastitis) or just skin calcification.
The majority of breast nodules are non-cancerous and I hope that your diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound will result in benign findings.
Best wishes and good luck!