Breast Cancer Community
Right Breast Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Right Breast Pain

I have been having pain in my right breast for about a year now. The pain seems to be on the side near my arm and hurts when I press on it or stretch my arm out. I had a Mammo in January followed by and ultrasound due to that area being dense. The ultrasound found a couple of cysts but nothing more. The pain seems to be worse lately so I am concerned. I went to the doctor last week and he did and x-ray of that arm but really found nothing there. He said it could be a pulled muscle or pain from my back( I have scoliosis) and to take some pain pills for a while. Has anyone else had this kind of pain. I almost feels like a knife stabbing me when I press on it. I feel no lumps or thickening, just pain. Could a cyst actually cause this? Could this be muscle pain? Please Help!

This discussion is related to left breast pain 3yrs.
Cysts can indeed cause pain. They can be removed if they get to be a problem. It could of course be something related to your spine but since you say it is more painful when you touch it I'm leaning toward the cysts as being the problem. If this does continue I would make an appointment with a Surgeon and take your films with you for him/her to review. Regards .....
I have been having severe left breast pain , near my armpit area. i also have nipple discharge if the lump is squeezed hard enough. I went  for a mammogram and it was abnormal, a mass and density were reported. I have a appt this friday with a surgeon. I am so scared. has anyone had this type of problem? To make matters worse i have breast implants. I am 37 years old and noticed a little pain 3 years ago. Im a nervous wreck right now.
You will be more likely to get replies if you start a new thread with your question.

People tend to overlook questions tacked on to theend of someone else's thread, because they assume it's just an additional reply to the original poster.

Best wishes...