Breast Cancer Community
SMALL BREAST LUMPS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

SMALL BREAST LUMPS

Im worried because I had a breast reduction 15 months ago because I had huge, dense, saggy flat boobs. I also had an occult breast cancer test done which came back negative/clear.

All of a sudden a week ago I felt a small, squishy lump on top of the nipple of my left breast and went to the docs. He felt it and told me that there are two more on my right (on the fleshy side). I panicked.

He said they felt like cysts but sent me for a referral. I am confused because when I had huge boobs (J cup) I never had anything like this and certainly couldn't feel them and now all of a sudden I have these lumps (the left one frightens me) although my new boobs are firmer, perkier and very different to the ones before.

If the biopsy was clear can bc grow that quick?
  • Breast Lumps (1 replies):
    I am 37 and I recently discovered a lump in each of my b...[more]
  • lump (1 replies):
    i had a ultrasound done on my left breast b/c of a lump ...[more]
  • painful lump (5 replies):
    i am 31 yrs old, and have a painful lump in my left brea...[more]
  • fibrous breast tissue (9 replies):
    I have been told by my doctors that I have very lumpy br...[more]
  • breast lump (1 replies):
    I went to see my doctor because I have pain in my left b...[more]
I'm not quite clear as to what type of test you had .... and you later referred to it as a biopsy. Anyway .... breast cancer lumps don't usually appear rapidly and I'm guessing that you may have had either mammogram or Ultrasound in the past although you don't mention your age. I'm also wondering what type of referral your Dr. suggested. Can't really be of much help without more information.   Regards ....
An occult biopsy test is where they take breast tissue and examine it for cancer just like a normal biopsy.

I am 37 years old, my doc has referred me to the breast unit for further tests i.e. ultrasound.  What I don't understand is that my biopsy was clear 15 months ago and now all of a sudden these lumps have appeared and they are painless - very scared. thanks x
Hi, also when I press the left one it feels tender but does not hurt all the time. My doc says they feel like cysts but then they all say that.  I would value some more advice. I am obsessed and can't stop feeling the lumps and i am going mad awaitng the appointment although I also dont want to do to, thanks xx
hey there, i also just noticed little lumps in my breast which suddenly appeared and are painful if you prod them. cysts can sometimes be painful but can also not be. i wouldnt worry about cancer because as japdig said they wouldnt come on so quickly and you dont usually get loads of little lumps, and shouldnt be painful. im also going slightly mad waiting for my appt, but im sure it a benign condition with me, and sure it is with you too. breathe. x
Thanks, Lizzy. My appointment is on Thursday which I am dreading. Let me know how you get on - pray for us both xxxx
yea thanks nayia, i guess the only problem for me is i dont think cysts would cause bleeding :{ good luck for thurs! im dreading mine tomorrow to, not so much the diagnosis but more the tests and embarrassment. xx
Good luck tomorrow Lizzy xxx