Breast Cancer Expert Forum
SMALL RED ROUND MARK ON BREAST

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

SMALL RED ROUND MARK ON BREAST

IM 31 YRS OLD MOTHER OF THREE AND I HAVE ALWAYS HAD CYST ON MY BREAST. AT VERY YOUNG AGE I HAD TO HAVE CYST REMOVED IT WAS SIZE OF A SMALL LEMON. BREAST CANCER RUNS IN MY MOTHERS SIZE OF THE FAMILY I'V HAD MANY HEALTH PROBLEMS ANYWHERE FROM OVARIAN CYST TO FIBROIDS I JUST HAD A HYSTORECTOMY DUE TO SOME OF MY PROBLEMS . AT ONE POINT I WAS EVEN TOLD I HAD HPV. IM NOT SURE WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE MY BABYS ARE ALL YOUNG AND I WANT TO BE THERE FOR THEM AS IM A SINGLE MOM, THEY ARE THE WORLD TO ME AS I AM TO THEM. IM ALWAYS FEELING VERY VERY FATIGUE AND JUST RECENTLY WHEN I GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER I NOTICE A SMALL RED CIRLCLE UNDERNEATH MY NIPPLE BY BREAST HAVE BEEN HURTING MORE THAN USUAL I GET LIKE SHARP PAINS IT HURTS TO SLEEP ON THEM ALSO. AND VERY VERY ITCHY. THE RED MARK IS ALMOST LIKE A RING WORM LIKE. I FELT VERY SCARE WHEN I SAW THIS . CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVISE. I CAN REALLY USE SOME AT THIS POINT.
THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!
Dear GAAL:  Without examination, it is not possible for us to speculate on what this might be.  Skin on the breast is like skin on other parts of the body and is subject to a variety of abnormalities -including ringworm.  If this gets worse or does not go away or if you are concerned, you should have your doctor do an examination.