Sensitive nipple
I am a 38 year old lady married with two children.
For the past one month, my left breast's nipple has become very sensitive. When compared, my right nipple is not like that. There is a mild discharge in the left when squeezed but not in the right. Please help.
If you don't have any other abnormal feature, like skin changes in the breast or nipple area, any lump, or inverted nipple,or "spontaneous" discharge,this sensitivity you are describing could be caused by many things, like pregnancy,hormonal fluctuation,allergy or perhaps a bacterial or fungal infections.Use a topical antibacterial antifungal cream for a few days and take some over the counter pain killers and see how it goes.
The discharge from the nipple is normal,because you keep on squeezing it.When you stop doing that,the discharge will also stop.
If the pain still persists or gets worse, you will need to schedule an appointment and see your physician for a clinical evaluation.
Best wishes...
Thank you so much. Your mail relieved me to a great extent. There is absolutely no pain but the itchy feeling persists. I will follow the instructions as per your mail. Thanks again.