Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Shingles and Lump
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Shingles and Lump

I am a 23 year old and my doctor told me I have a breakout of Shingles on my back. Three days after these showed up I found a lump on the side of my breast. My doctor said this could possibly just be an enlarged lymph node due to the Shingles. He also told me that Shingles can also appear because of cancer, and if I had any change in my health that I needed to come back in before my follow-up in 2 weeks. What symptoms should I be looking for? Does this sound like something that I should be concerned about?
Related Discussions
  • Shingles (10 replies):
    I was diagnosed with Stage IIIC ovca in April 2004. CA...[more]
  • Crecco: Update (24 replies):
    Hi All, I wanted to let you all know just what is...[more]
  • shingles (2 replies):
    I have excruiating pain in my left breast for shingles i...[more]
  • Shingles vaccine (2 replies):
    I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer in 2007 and had chemo...[more]
  • Breast cancer (1 replies):
    I am 33 years old. I am married but have no children. On...[more]
Dear curiousinAZ:  A new lump in a breast that does not go away needs to be evaluated.  It is certainly possible that this could be a lymph node and breast cancer is uncommon in 23 year old women.  However, without an examination, it is not possible to speculate on what this might be.  
2 Comments
Blank
I must also add that I haven't had any stress in my life lately and I was getting a pretty good nights sleep when these broke out which my doctor told me could also cause these.
Blank
A related discussion, Lymph Nodes was started.
Blank
A related discussion, can shingles be a symptom of breast cancer was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank