Breast Cancer Community
Solid Mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Solid Mass

I recently had my followup sonomammogram and it states there is a solid mass at 10 o'clock position measuring 18.2mm(from 13.9mm).margins are well defined and echotexture homogeneous.
Also, seen were simple cysts around 7.8mm and 8.4mm. birad rating is 3.

My Ob-Gyne told me to either remove the solid mass and have it biopsied  or i may have another sonomammogram follow up after six months.

At this point, i am confused. I am afraid to undergo surgery. Is the solid mass so alarming compared with the cyst? She said dont be worried about the cyst.

Should i undergo surgery?Is it painful and leave any scar?

Please help.
Please do not worry about the scar, your life is more important. Additionally, if this solid mass turns out to be cancerous the possibility this may spread to your lymph-nodes will be great if you delay. Your chances of living a life free of worry...of having or carrying children in the future is better if the cancer doesn't spread to your lymph nodes.

I just had surgery. I wasn't given the information as you with much regrets. The cancer spread to my lymph-nodes which is preventing the liklihood of me carrying children. Although my mass was very small, the cancer spread to my lymph-nodes which changed my diagnosis from stage I to stage II.

My scar is looking better everyday.

I wish you health and healing!

This is most probably a benign lesion. This does not look likely to be cancerous or malignant.

What is your age?

Does this lesion usually increases in size, pain, and tenderness with hormonal fluctuations as during your menstrual cycle?

You should get a clinical evaluation to be sure, but you need not worry.

BIRADS Category 3: Probably Benign Finding; Short Interval Follow-Up Suggested

Follow up in 6 months time and get a repeat ultrasound/ mammogram done to see for any changes in the lesion.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.
I'm 33 now.The size is changing from 17mm to 13.9mm and now it's 18.2mm. There is some tenderness and pain on both my breast coz there are cysts both breast. Actually my doctor told me that i have lumpy breast.

How are you doing now?

I think you should consult a breast specialist too and get an opinion on what he/she has to say and is it same as your OBG is suggesting.

Talk to your physician or OBG and ask them whether they could refer you to a breast specialist.

Do let us know if you have any doubts and what your doctor suggests.

Regards.
A related discussion, is this cancer again? was started.