Aa
A
A
Close
Solid nodule
i had my breast ultrasound last month, the impression was "subcentimeter solid nodule in the leff breast as detailed benign sonographic features. size is .34 x 0.21 cm.  we have a family history, my mom has an early stage breast cancer detected last year.  should i worry on this? its painful and sometimes theres like a burning thing i feel . and really discomforts me esp. before and during my period and also  i can feel that the left breast ( with solid nodule) is much heavier than the right breast.  does solid nodule means ..cyst can eventually be cancerus?
Discussion is closed
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
i had my breast ultrasound last month, the impression was "subcentimeter solid nodule in the leff breast as detailed benign sonographic features. size is .34 x 0.21 cm.  we have a family history, my mom has an early stage breast cancer detected last year.  should i worry on this? its painful and sometimes theres like a burning thing i feel . and really discomforts me esp. before and during my period and also  i can feel that the left breast ( with solid nodule) is much heavier than the right breast.  does solid nodule means ..cyst can eventually be cancerus?  ...need help on this..thanks ! :)

Marykirsten
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
587083 tn?1327123862
Hi there,
Breast pain in almost never associated with breast cancer,from what you describe this could very well be a fibroadenoma that would give you the pain and burning sensation especially during your menstrual cycle.Your ultrasound detected a solid nodule,a cyst is a fluid filled sac(it does not turn to cancer) and it would have appeared as such in the test you had.Cysts and fibroadenoma are benign findings,but a solid nodule whether fibroadenoma or other, has to be further investigated especially that you have a family history.Best wishes and God Bless.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
hello, thanks very much...i went to my doctor this morning. and i will have a follow up ultrasound after six mons..

thx again...
Discussion is closed
Cancel
Comment
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Breast Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity