Breast Cancer Community
Spot on Breast like Kedoo

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Spot on Breast like Kedoo

In 05' Kedoo wrote:

I am a 27 year old female and have had a spot (2 cm in diameter) just under my areola for over a month now. It started out pinkish red and now sometimes looks light brown. It has not yet oozed, bled, hurt, crusted, felt warm or anything...it's just there. Some times it looks like it might go away but then it never does. My primary care dr. said it didn't look or feel suspicious but sent me to a dermatologist just in case. This dermatologist gave me Pandel cream and told me not to worry, said it looked like an infection that was "burning out". How long could an infection really last though? I have applied the cream twice a day for a little over a week and it has not gotten rid of the spot. I am going to see a different dermatologist today because I am worrying myself sick about Inflammatory Breast Cancer. What else could this be? How fast does IBC normally progress? ANY help you can give me would be extrememly appreciated. "

I have had the SAME experience, am having it, except my dermatologist had me apply Vanos cream, same results as above. I am looking for Kedoo to see if this finally resolved for her....I had breast cancer 16 years ago with a mastectomy, the spot is on my remaining breast, higher up than the posters spot was.  I am checked regularly and am fine. This, however, is really worrying me...
1 Comment
You need not worry if you are getting breast clinical examinations done by a physician and periodic mamograms / USG done. The skin lesions in some cases might take some days to some weeks to heal.
It would be best to continue with local application of the cream the dermatologist has prescibed and follow up with her in a weeks time if the lesion is still persistent.
You also need to keep the area clean and wear lose clothing. If you fear that you could be having a recurrence then ask your physician to get the relevant investigations done and also to see for tumor marker levels if he thinks it should be done.
Hope this helps.
Good luck.