Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Stage IIIA
About This Forum:

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Stage IIIA

I was diagnosed with IDC, 6 x 7 cm tumor, hormone positive (both 90%), grade 2, had neoadjuvant chemo which reduced tumor to 3 x 4.5 cm, double mastectomy, and 33 radiation treatments with BOLUS and 7 boosts.  Prior to surgery I had a SNB.  Five nodes were removed, four were positive.  My official stage is IIIA.  During surgery my surgeon removed a large area of tissue that should have contained lymph nodes.  After surgery he said no nodes were found.  He said it was highly unlikely that I didn't have any nodes in that area, and felt they were not found due to scar tissue from previous SNB.  Is this normal?  I'm scared to death of recurrence.