Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Stereotactic biopsy for birads 4

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Stereotactic biopsy for birads 4

Not sure how to just post a story with no question...
My story is this..
I had a mammogram in early May that came back birads 4 with two areas of microcalcification clusters. I hadn't had a mammogram in three years.  Shame on me!  My Dr. suggested a stereotactic biopsy be done.  I had that on June 4th.   Not painful but uncomfortable.    Didn't realize it until afterwards but everything you do in life can make your boob jiggle, from brushing your teeth to eating.  It has been ten days now and I finally feel like I can sleep without a bra on.   I am thanking God that I'm in the benign 85% group.  That six days it took to get my report back felt like a million years.  It was all I could think about.  24/7.  I chose not to tell my friends about it thinking that by not being able to talk about it I would feel better.  Not sure if that worked or not.   I'm hear to tell all of you that a birads 4 with microcalcifications doesn't always mean cancer.   Keep the faith until the diagnosis.  Try not to worry.  I just wanted another positive outcome on a breast cancer site for those of you just diagnosed.  
Dear T1R:  Thank you for sharing your story.  We are very pleased for you that all turned out well.
Thank you for that positive note.  I recently had a good experience also.  I had a stereotatic biopsy done last Tuesday and got my results on Friday.  I was so nervous all week and to make matters worse, when I went on the internet and specifically looked up "fine linear clustered calcifications" (which is how my mamogram (mammogram) report read) it all pointed to cancer.  When I got the benign results, I was so happy!  Moral of the story is, don't necessarily believe all you read, just keep the faith.