Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Still confused

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Still confused
I am 30 years old and had a lot of discharge (puss like yellow and blood) come from my left nipple. I went to the breast surgeon and had an MRI done. He found nothing. My problem is that when this nipple is still squeezed it produces a thick, pasty white discharge from multiple holes in my left nipple and my right leaks a cloudy white liquid (when squeezed). I do also get continual pains in both breasts that radiates from under the arm pit to the nipple. I am confused and scared and wonder what could this be? And should I get a second opinion? Thank you -Emily
Dear Emi73:  Many women have some type of nipple discharge or fluid when their breasts are squeezed, and its normal. Squeezing the nipple sends message to the brain and the pituitary gland responds by increasing prolactin levels, which in turn produces discharge from the nipple. The discharge can come in a variety of colors