Breast Cancer Community
Strange Nipple Behavior
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Strange Nipple Behavior

Hello, I am an 18 year old male college student. I have never had any medical problems in the past. A few months back I took up smoking, but stopped recently (Total run time of about 2 months) and I weight lift daily.

Recently I noticed that when my left nipple got cold; not only would the center part be erect, but also a small region adjacent to the center part. My nipple started to become very itchy, scaly, and generally irritated. I scratched at it occasionally until it started to hurt. Now, because I have heard that friction against clothing might cause some of this, I have began wearing a band-aid over the nipple at all times. It has been about 3 weeks and the nipple has not healed up. Now it is constantly secreting a brownish/yellowish sticky substance constantly. At the end of the day I have to change the old band-aid out with a fresh one as the old one becomes drenched in this oily liquid.
And just recently my other nipple is starting to head in the same direction. A small area adjacent to the center becomes erect as well when the nipple is cold.

I'm not sure what exactly all of this means and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. Thanks :)