Breast Cancer Community
Strange breast pain, help?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Strange breast pain, help?

Okay so... as of about 2 days ago (ish)  I started to notice this slight strange pain in the bottom of my left breast. It's like up under it.  I hardly noticed it till I bent over, or sat a certain way.  It sort of feels like it is also hurting in the same way on the left side of the nipple but not on the top like... inside if you know what I mean.  It's kind of a dull ache...really weird and really uncomfortable.  I've never had that before, ever.

I am 23, I have a 3 year old daughter. I work out about 4 to 5 times a week (which I always have). My left breast is slightly bigger than the right, but it has been that way since I had my daughter.  I'm not pregnant (Im positive because I haven't had sex in like 2 months) but then again my period for feb never came. It comes around the end of the month usually.  But I still know I'm not pregnant. I hardly drink, I don't do drugs...Im totally stressed...but I have been for a few years lol  I've been taking multivitamins lately. I have no fever, I haven't been sick recently, I haven't had trauma or injury to the breast.  I've felt my breast up and down about 50 times and feel no lumps or anything out of the ordinary...but it's totally freaking me out, what could it be?

Yes I know 99% of you are going to say go to a Dr, blah blah... but I'd rather get some opinions and advice here.

I don't have an answer for you, just a question:

If you ASSUME that "99% of us will say go to a doctor, blah, blah," does that suggest ANYTHING to you?  ;->

Best wishes...
Well this site is called medhelp if I am not mistaken, and considering the topic of the forum....I would also assume this whole site and forum has a point other than telling everyone nothing than "go to the doctor"...otherwise this site is rather pointless wouldn't you say?
No, I wouldn't say it is pointless, nor would the 1000's of individuals who have recieved valued help here...

As nonprofessional volunteers, we can provide information about various BC-related conditions and procedures, and emotional support for those going through them, but when it comes to an individual's specific medical situation, nothing repaces a hands- on examination by a physician, and whatever  imaging or other testing s/he may deem necessary.

If you want a doctor's opinion, you could post in the BC Expert Forum, but I suspect in the end you would get the same advice there--not because anyone would be trying to put you off, but because it is the appropriate advice.

I think deep down you knew that even before you posted, which was the point of my humorous reply.

Best wishes...
FYI  in this Forum we are mostly breast cancer members who voluntarily do our best to advise and help anyone who asks a question about their problems..We cannot provide or  venture to give information about something we don't know for sure.
You could ask the same question you have asked us, to any doctor....but unless he examines you and orders some sort of tests ,he wouldn't know either...
The pain you are describing could be many,many things...and the only way "Not to freak out"would be to seek a doctor who can examine you and put your mind at ease..