Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Strange feeling

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Strange feeling
I'm 33 yrs old. No children. Overweight, but overall in general good health.  No family history of breast cancer, or of any cancer for that matter.  My mom has FBD recently diagnosised in April.  In April, May and now Auguest, I have been have intermittent breast pain.  Primarily in the left breast.  It generally starts after 1 1/2 weeks after my cycle has ended.  I didn't experience any pain in June or July.  I don't feel lumps or have nipple discharge.  This month, both my breast feel discomfort.  I started my cycle on the 2nd thru 6th of Aug and breast pain began on the 11th.  The symptoms are intermittent pain on the outside of the breast and a somewhat of a burning sensation that can go to the armpit. Also sometimes staping pain in right breast. However, I only notice the pain when I'm and sitting down idle not doing much.  When I'm distracted and moving around I don't notice pain.  Obviously, I'm very concerned and thinking the worst can you please provide insight. Can stress and fear intensify the pain?

Dear jakey2:  Most breast cancer is not painful.  The fact that your pain is bilateral and intermittent makes a serious problem less likely.  There are many reasons that people may have breast discomfort.  As you are concerned, you should see your doctor (or a medical breast specialist) for an examination if for no other reason that to reduce your fears.
I found it amazing how much your post reflected the very concerns I was having this morning about the exact same thing.
I too am in my early 30's having had my sons about 2 years ago.  For about the last year I've been having the same sort of pain.  I always have an annual exam etc... and I have no lumps, but dense breasts.  Can this be hormone related as it seems to hit 10 - 12 days after my period starts?

Good luck to you!
Raiderette