Breast Cancer Community
Suspicious mass and swollen lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast cancer, biopsy, genetics, chemotherapy, hormone therapy, lumps, lumpectomy, lymph node dissection, lymphedema, mammograms, mastectomy, radiation therapy, reconstruction, and self exams.

Suspicious mass and swollen lymph nodes

Today I had a mammogram and an ultrasound, I was told I have a solid breast mass with swollen lymph nodes.  I am scheduled for a biopsy on Tuesday.  I am very nervous and looking for information, do the swollen lymph nodes mean it is more likely that I have cancer and if so would it mean it has spread to the lymph nodes?
I can imagine how scared you are and wish I had answers for you. Don't be afraid of the biopsy--I had an excisional biopsy two weeks ago and it wasn't a bad experience at all. The worst part is the "not-knowing"--I think we should have a special support group for all of us who are waiting for tests and results before we have a diagnosis. We could call ourselves, "The Lump Ladies"! All I know is that the wait is not fun, but hang in there-- this site is great for support when you need it and has a lot of caring people as well as good information. Hopefully one of the experts will reply with more information, but in the meantime, know that you are not alone and that you CAN get through this! Good luck! Let us know how you are doing.
Jomi
Lymph nodes can become swollen for many reasons. It's just a case of the "miserable waiting" until you have your biopsy and receive the results. As the previous poster said, the waiting is the worst but it's something that has to be done and we have all been there and somehow survived.There really isn't any information that might help you at this point. Good luck with your biopsy and don't ever hesistate to ask your Dr.s ANY question that you have .... the only foolish question is the unanswered one.