Swelling after lymph node removal
I had all the lymph nodes under my left arm removed two weeks ago.  I now have quite noticeable swelling on that side and the nurse was unable to drain any fluid to give me some relief.  She tried three times but the fluid just wouldn't move.  Am I right in thinking this swelling will eventually settle on its own?  I've been doing the recommended exercises so I don't really understand why it's swollen at all.
Although it's pretty early you might benefit from a consultation with a Physical Therapist who is trained in the treatment of Lymphedema. Any time the lymphatic system is comprimised as it is when nodes are removed the lymph fluid cannot follow it's normal path of circulation and drainage. I don't know what type of exercises you are doing but soon after node removal it should be very gentle. There is a certain type of massage that is beneficial in promoting lymphatic drainage but this should be done or taught by a Professional. Regards