Breast Cancer Expert Forum
Swelling of breast and side

Questions posted in the Breast Cancer Forum are answered by medical professionals and experts. Topics include Breast Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Hormone Therapy, Lumps, Lumpectomy, Lymph node dissection, Lymphedema, Mammograms, Mastectomy, Radiation Therapy, Reconstruction, Self Breast Exam, and Surgery.

Swelling of breast and side

I have a question regarding some swelling that I have noticed on my right side including my breast and arm. I am 32 year old female and within the past six months I have notice my right upper arm and my side into my lower back feels like it is swollen and puffy. I have recently noticed that my right breast appears larger than my left but I have checked and feel no lumps whatsoever. It just seems like everything in my upper body is inflammed on my right side. This all began after I had a horrible case of the flu about 8 months ago. I had thought maybe it was some sort of infection that was because of the flu but I'm not sure. I have my yearly gynecological exam in two weeks but I was anxious if you had any opinions. Also the swelling on my side does cause me discomfort when I lay down to go to sleep at night. I also notice that the swelling in all areas goes down after sleeping at night and then inflames again during the course of the day.
Any help or insight would be so appreciated and I look foward to hearing from you. Thanks!
Dear jensjinx, It is impossible over the internet to try to figure out what is going on with you.  It is not unusual to have different sized breasts, is this a change? or something you have just noticed?  Anyway having yourself checked by your doctor is a good start - to discuss your symptoms, give you a general exam and determine what this might be.
Thank you for your time. I really appeciate your reading my post. To answer your question it is something that I just noticed in the swelling of my one breast. I'm very positive that it is a new symptom. I will get to the doctor within the next week and hopefully everything will be ok. Anything different in your body is just so nerve-racking and anything scares you so I thought I would try any outlet to get any advice but I understand there is no way to give a diagnosis on the net.
Thanks again!